Holly Willoughby summer break

Lavish trips and family time: Inside Holly Willoughby’s summer break after Schofield scandal

Holly extended her usual annual leave after Schofe left This Morning

Holly Willoughby has been on her annual summer break from This Morning since early July. Conveniently, her time off this year timed nicely with the shocking revelations about Phillip Schofield’s affair with a much younger men. She usually takes six weeks off every summer but in light of the ongoing scandal, she took an extended leave of about two months.

The pair would usually do a Friday-special of This Morning before they departed for their time off but instead, Holly appeared to sneak out in silence leaving Dermot O’Leary and Alison Hammond to present in her absence and whilst a replacement for Phillip Schofield is found. In the absence of their annual farewell episode, many fans have been left wondering what Holly Willoughby has been up to on her summer break.

With her set to return sometime in early September, this is everything Holly Willoughby has been up to on her extended summer break from This Morning:

Went on a lavish holiday to Portugal

Arguably the highlight of her two months off from This Morning was the holiday Holly and her family, husband Dan and their three children, took to Portugal. Holly was in the Algarve for about two weeks, only returning home yesterday, a place she previously visited with Phillip Schofield. At the time the pair shared photos of them laughing in the sea wearing matching t-shirts that said “I heart P.S” and “I heart H.W”. However, this year, Schofe has not joined his former-bestie on the trip and instead Holly has been seen enjoying time spent in the sun and at the beach with her family.

Celebrated her 16th wedding anniversary

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by WYLDE MOON (@wyldemoon)

Whilst on her break from the much loved daytime TV show, Holly and her husband Dan Baldwin celebrated their wedding anniversary. Dan and Holly got married in 2007 meaning that as of August this year, they will have been together for 16 years. Whilst Holly tends to keep her personal life private and doesn’t often post pictures with her hubby, she did celebrate the milestone with some thoughts in her life-style brand’s, Wydle Moon, newsletter.

Holly said: “August also happens to be the month I got married, so it’s always a nostalgic time for Dan and I. It will be 16 years this year, which feels crazy in so many ways. I often think about us and the glue that binds us together.

“Every relationship is so unique and different; what works for one couple may not for another. It’s a bit like developing your own personal recipe that you adapt together and personalise along the way. I love nothing better than finding out what my friends/parents believe the secret to their relationship success is – and would love to hear your wisdom too!

“Mine would have to be remembering to carve out real time for each other within the madness of everyday life; everything from making time to talk over dinner at home to date nights. Whatever you do to keep the spark alive, keep it up!”

Spending time with her children

It seems that what Holly is indulging in the most this summer is enjoying time with her children – Belle, Chester and Harry. Having spent a quality couple of weeks with them in Portugal, Holly shared her excitement for the upcoming, final Bank Holiday weekend of the year, revealing she has plans to celebrate it with friends and family in their back garden, and is “crossing her everything” for some sun.

She also disclosed her dismay at realising it is almost time for her children to return to school for the new term: “I can feel myself clinging on with every fibre of my being as conversations about school start to drip feed back into our life. I even popped the obligatory September kit list on the fridge this morning having got the kids to try everything on to see what we need. I swear I only bought new football boots last term…their feet never stop growing!!”

Reading books non-stop

Holly is a huge book worm and loves to share with her followers what books she is currently reading. It appears she is spending her down time by indulging in some self care and taking a minute she can to read. Since she’s been off, she’s shared with her followers that she’s read BookTok favourites Verity by Colleen Hoover and Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Also, The Paris Aparement by Lucy Foley and None Of This Is True by Lisa Well.

She even got a HUGE pay rise

When she returns from her leave, Holly is now set to be making a seven figure salary. The Daily Mail reported that Holly’s contract with ITV had been revamped and that upon her return from her annual Summer break from the show, she’ll be set for a £300,000 increase to her already £700,000 yearly salary.

For all the latest celebrity and entertainment news, gossip and memes, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.

Everything Phillip Schofield has been up to since his life came down in ruins

Phillip Schofield is ‘very very down’ as he accepts he’ll ‘never work again’

• A timeline of how Phillip Schofield went from the king of daytime TV to a ‘national disgrace’

Featured images via @hollywilloughby on Instagram.