All the Russell Group universities with strikes that could affect you in September

Strikes were not on my uni packing list

With A-Level results day tomorrow, students have a lot of things to be thinking about. Sorting accommodation, finding your flatmates, room shopping, there’s a lot on your mind.

But one thing that students might not be worrying about is whether your work will be marked or whether your timetabled classes will be going ahead. Well, I have some bad news for you.

Yesterday, The University and College Union (UCU) announced that UK universities will be hit with more strike action before the end of September.

The marking boycott, which began on Thursday 20th April and has left students graduating without degrees, will also continue.

This is after an ongoing dispute over pay and pensions.

The UCU has not yet said the exact dates uni staff will be striking and has said this will be confirmed at a later date.

This means that you could be faced with disruption to your teaching and marking when you head off to uni in September.

So, depending on which uni you’re crossing your fingers you’ll be heading to, these are all the Russell Group universities with strikes that could affect you in September. Spoiler alert, it’s basically all of them.

• The University of Birmingham

• The University of Bristol

• The University of Cambridge

• Cardiff University

• Durham University

• The University of Edinburgh

• The University of Exeter

• The University of Glasgow

• King’s College London

• The University of Leeds

• The University of Liverpool

• London School of Economics

• The University of Manchester

• Newcastle University

• The University of Nottingham

• The University of Oxford

• Queen Mary University of London

• Queen’s University Belfast

• The University of Sheffield

• The University of Southampton

• University College London

• The University of Warwick

• The University of York

Featured image via Simon Chapman/LNP/Shutterstock