All the times Drag Race queens have had acting roles on other TV shows

Never forget Shangela on Glee

As both a die hard fan of Drag Race and Doctor Who, the announcement and subsequent promo visuals of Jinkx Monsoon in her major role were honestly as moving as they were iconic. There’s something really special about seeing a show you watched from being a little queer hidden gem become a juggernaut, and the superstars from it getting high profile roles in arguably the biggest sci-fi shows in history. But Jinkx Monsoon is not the only one of Drag Race queens to have spots on other TV shows – here’s a rundown of all the times Ru girls have popped up in acting roles on other shows!

Jiggly Caliente in Pose

Jiggly Caliente, season four and All Stars 6 icon who now has a judging role on Drag Race Philippines, starred as Veronica Ferocity in the big Ryan Murphy award winning show Pose.

Peppermint in God Friended Me

Peppermint had a recurring role in season two of God Friended Me, playing the leader of an LGBTQ inclusive congregation. She looks so stunning here, I’m gagged! Get this icon back on an All Stars.

Everyone in American Horror Story

Ryan Murphy has cast Drag Race queens in roles pretty often! Trixie Mattel starred as herself in Roanoke, and in the first half of Double Feature Eureka and Chad Michaels had significant guest spots. Eureka even got gobbled by a vampire, which was iconic.

Shangela on Glee

Shangela has had so many acting roles, not just this one – but deserves its own mention for the fact she was present for the horror that is Let’s Have a Kiki mashed up with Turkey Lurkey Time. Dark days. Shangela has also starred on Broad City, X Files, Lovecraft Country and Station 19.

Willam on Nip/Tuck

Willam stormed into Drag Race season four declaring he was an actor who had smashed it on telly, and fair play – he’s the only queen from the franchise to get an Emmy nomination (for his work on EastSiders). Willam famously played Cherry Peck on Nip/Tuck. So many Ryan Murphy vehicles casting the queens! Willam is such a grafter, of all the Drag Race queens he’s been on the most TV shows by far.

Bob the Drag Queen on Tales of the City

Bob played Ida Best, the bar manager and host in the miniseries revival of Tales of the City on Showtime.

The Vivienne on Emmerdale

The Viv played herself to officially open Emmerdale Pride in 2021 – which is particularly funny considering The Vivienne playing herself means she won Drag Race in Emmerdale world, so god knows how that tiny village in the Yorkshire dales got the budget to book one of the most famous queens in the UK. Camp!

Danny Beard on Hollyoaks

Danny Beard, the latest winner of Drag Race UK, had a solid speaking part on Hollyoaks recently – and despite the fact this show is known for its ropey acting (dare we mention Curtis and AJ) Danny showed them all up with their prowess. The best actor ever to go on Drag Race UK? I’m brave enough to say it!

Bianca Del Rio on Bad Education 

Drag Race queens TV shows

The fierce winner of season six literally has her own film series with Hurricane Bianca, but she still had time to pop onto the Jack Whitehall sitcom last year!

Kandy Muse, Rosé, Scarlet Envy and Mo Heart on iCarly

Drag Race queens TV shows

iCarly’s reboot on Paramount Plus saw these four iconic Drag Race queens come onto the show and make the episode truly slay.

RuPaul’s Drag Race streams exclusively in the UK on the streamer of all things drag, WOW Presents Plus. Subscribe here.

For all the latest reality TV news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.