NoHun Bailey J Mills

After targeting Bailey J Mills’ boyfriend, here’s the NoHun ‘transphobia’ backlash in full

‘Men can’t get pregnant, and anyone who believes otherwise needs locking up’

Over the last few days, influencer NoHun has been at the centre of controversy after he targeted drag icon Bailey J Mills’ boyfriend on Instagram. Bailey and his boyfriend – a trans man – are expecting a baby, with Bailey and Logan sharing the pregnancy through social media, and Logan himself using his platform to educate people on what his journey as a trans man who’s pregnant is like.

This came into collision with influencer NoHun, real name Raurie Williams, who has been using his 370k strong platform on Instagram to make a mockery of non binary identities and in particular launching a tirade against Sam Smith. After Logan called out a video in which NoHun tries on clothing in Primark, NoHun targeted him and allegedly spammed his comments with “Men can’t get pregnant.

This prompted Bailey J Mills to reach out to fans for help to report the behaviour from NoHun towards Logan, which Bailey shared in a big Instagram post.

Who is No Hun?

NoHun is an Instagram and TikTok social media content creator known for rant videos, which recently have switched towards a focal point of just talking about pronouns and trans identities. You might remember him from the drama around Jesy Nelson when he shared some DMs allegedly from Leigh-Anne Pinnock in which she was accusing Jesy of “black fishing”. The messages were not verified and Jesy denied the charge.

The backlash

NoHun has posted and doubled down since the backlash – despite losing 2k Instagram followers and Bailey getting support from celebrities like MNEK and drag icons like A’Whora, Tia Kofi and River Medway. NoHun changed his Instagram bio to say “Men can’t get pregnant. My pronouns are ‘fat / clout / chaser’.”

As well as this, his upcoming tour has had to be postponed after venues pulled out of working with him, which he claims comes after people supporting Bailey and Logan reached out to the venues and made them aware of what NoHun had been saying online in regards to trans people.

NoHun has given a lengthy statement to Attitude Magazine regarding his stance on this controversy, and the backlash it has received. He said: “A minority group of extremist trans terrorists have hijacked the LGBT movement to prop up their harmful and delusional ideologies.

“I am glad that I am in a position to highlight that these mentally ill people live amongst us, want access to women’s spaces and to be left unattended around children. They do not represent the gay community and they are not a positive representation of the trans community.

“They are a small minority for which support is dwindling every day. People are becoming less and less afraid to speak out and having gay men such as myself as a voice in this movement towards them will only make this movement grow. They only have the loudest voice because they are bullying people into not speaking out about them in fear of the consequences.

“Like what has happened to me for instance with my tour being cancelled. In regards to celebrities such a Sam Smith and Dylan, they are nothing more than media puppets being used to push a sexual and confusing agenda into the mainstream and onto people’s children.

“Neither of them are a representation of the ‘community’ but they are being given the loudest voice by the media. The transgender community have their own flag so why are they so keen to hide behind our rainbow flag too.

“I fully support the LGB community separating from the T because one aspect is a sexual orientation and the other is a gender identity. They are not the same thing. On a final note, men can’t get pregnant and anybody who believes otherwise needs locking up.”

The Tab stands against transphobia in all its forms. To learn more about transgender rights or lend your support, please check out the charity Mermaids in the UK.