These are the most intense post-show transformations in MAFS Australia history

I gasped at some of these

Over the past 10 seasons of Married at First Sight Australia, people have left with the love of their lives or their lives were changed forever with hundreds of thousands of people watching their romance with someone unfold on television.

As the years have gone by, many MAFS Australia cast members have tried to distance themselves from the show and have had some major transformations along the way.

Here are all the major post-show transformations former MAFS Australia brides and grooms have had.

Lizzie Sobinoff

Elizabeth ‘Lizzie’ Sobinoff is one MAFS Australia cast member whose transformation stunned everyone. After her time on the show, she ditched the blonde locks and went to brunette and a major makeup switch-up.

Lizzie did explain her change in appearance to her followers, describing herself as a “chameleon”. “I am a chameleon guys,” she said on Instagram.

“I’m a self-confessed chameleon – and what that means to me is I always change up my look. I like to have fun, experiment with what I’m feeling at that exact moment.”

She added: “I loved the way that I looked on my first season… very vivacious, powerful and I loved the over-the-top makeup.”

Ines Basic

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Ines (@innnnnnes)

Ines Basic is another MAFS bride who has undergone a huge transformation since appearing on the experiment. Still sporting her jet black hair, Ines has had a number of cosmetic procedures done to alter her look.

Speaking candidly to her followers, Ines revealed she had filler in her lips and jaw. “I got more lip filler and it looks great,” she began. “I got half a mL today so there’s like 2.5 mL in there.”

She went on to say she had her lip filler dissolved and got 1 mL of filler on each side of her jaw. Other procedures Ines has been open about include botox and porcelain veneers.

Olivia Frazer

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Olivia Frazer (@olivefrazer)

Until recently Olivia had died her hair brown, and looked very different. She’s recently switched back to blonde like she was on the show, and it giving off very wholesome vibes on her Instagram.

Before her big hair change, Olivia told her followers: “Just walking over to my hairdressers to get my hair done. It’s going to be a big change, so I can’t wait to show you guys!”

Since dying her hair brown, Olivia said she is staying a brunette “for a long time”. “The dark side is definitely where I’m going to,” she admitted.

Despite a lot of fans thinking her new look was down to her breakup with Will Mitchell, Olivia has set the record straight.

When asked by a follower what made her go to brunette, Olivia responded: “My hair was feeling really unhealthy and I love looking a bit more natural. I cut it because 2023 is the year of cutting dead ends out of my life.” So take that as you will!

Michael Brunelli

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Michael (@mbrunelli)

MAFS Australia groom Michael Brunelli has had a major transformation since the show. He started on the show with super long locks, then went to a buzzcut, and now since the birth of his and Martha’s baby, he’s got a bit of a Youtuber curtain hairstyle going on. Needless to say, he looks wow.

Michael has also undergone a body transformation, in which he now says he is happier without abs, admitting he was “severely stressed and anxious” before changing his fitness routine.

Sharing a before and and after shot of his transformation, Michael wrote: “Just a reminder that lean doesn’t always mean healthy. in the photo on the left I was at the leanest I’ve ever been.

“My body fat per cent was low, I had visible abs and was still a decent shape. Was I healthy? F**k no. I was mentally fried from reality TV. I’d lost five kilograms of muscle/fat in three months. I was severely stressed. I was anxious.”

Michael continued to say: “If you’re not considered ‘skinny’ or ‘lean’ or ‘toned’ it doesn’t instantly mean you’re unhealthy. Health is deeper than your physical appearance.”

Jessika Power

Jessika Power was on season six of MAFS Australia has since appearing on the show, has undergone one of the biggest transformations.

After filming the show, Jessika revealed she underwent an autologous fat transfer, a procedure where fat cells were removed from her body and put into her breasts.

“I put some weight on during MAFS and after eating healthily and exercising, I had a bit of weight loss. Also with my breakup with Dan there was a lot of stress there as well,” she explained.

“I chose the fat from the underside of my thighs. I had this little pocket of fat, I don’t know what it is, no matter how much dieting I do, no matter how much exercise I do, I just couldn’t get rid of it.”

She has also had Botox in her jaw and forehead, cheek fillers, tear through fillers, smile line fillers, 20 porcelain veneers and “a little bit of sneaky wrinkle relaxer.”

Tamara Joy

Tamara Joy looks completely different six years on from her time on MAFS Australia and has had one of the biggest transformations. Tamara still has brown locks but has opened up about getting plastic surgery on her nose following her appearance in the marital experiment. She’s made an appearance on Ex on the Beach where she’s ruffled some feathers too.

She also revealed she had gotten botox and a boob job. “People do it for all different reasons and I guess mine was just more so,” she told Yahoo Lifestyle.

“I had a bit of a booty and I really wanted to balance that out, that’s why I did it [boob job]. If it makes you feel better about yourself, why not?”

Coco Stedman

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Coco (@peaceloveandcoco)

Coco Stedman shocked fans with her hair after ditching her black lochs for a platinum blonde look.

Coco shared her new look in a carousel of selfies on her Instagram and wrote: “Your fear is trying to keep you safe, but what it doesn’t know is that there is no greater failure than a life unlived. There is no greater pain than your heart going unloved and your soul going unseen.”

A poet!

Alana Lister

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Alister (@alana.lister)

Alana was spotted at Coachella this week with a total vibe shift. She slayed in a bleach blonde wig and cut-out vinyl chaps. Her Instagram is now full of fun, sparkly, and neon outfits, so it’s safe to say her style has changed since she was on the show 2 years ago.

Cameron Woods

Cameron, famous for his long golden hair and not treating Lyndall right, has just chopped his locks off. He looks completely different but seems to be enjoying life with his new girlfriend Cheyanne who is all over his Instagram.

For all the latest Married at First Sight Australia news and gossip, iconic memes, and the best quizzes, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.