Jessie backlash Love Island

Jessie doesn’t deserve any of the backlash she’s been getting on Love Island

No one is getting away with tearing her down, no way

Ever since Jessie entered the villa, people made the automatic assumption she was just in there to raise her profile and didn’t give her a chance to prove herself.

Over the weeks she has been in the villa, she has been in a couple with Will and other than their Casa Amor roadbump, things seemed to be going swimmingly. During last night’s episode, a group of the Islanders began talking about Jessie’s intentions, and not one person said anything to her face about it.

It’s valid to question if anyone goes on Love Island for love but the backlash Jessie has been facing from those who have been dumped from the villa and those still on the show without giving her a chance to defend herself, it just isn’t fair.

Of course she’s aware of the environment she’s in! She’s done the show before!

via ITV

Olivia made a comment about Jessie being “very aware” of the environment she is in, adding fuel to the fire that her feelings to will may not be genuine. Is this not a little obvious though? Just like Aaron was aware of the environment when he was on the show, Jessie will be as well. That isn’t to say they know what to say and what not to say, but they obviously have more experience having got to the final on their respective seasons.

Being aware of their environment would be the same if any of the Islanders from this year’s season went on the show in a few years as a bombshell. If we’re being really nit picky, surely some of the Islanders in there are aware of the environment they’re in given they’ve been on the show for over a month.

Jessie has only been defending her friends

via Instagram @jessiereneewynter

You can dislike how hard Jessie has gone to defend Claudia and the other girls, but that isn’t a reason to dislike her. Jessie has simply proven she is a girls’ girl through and through, and if her Instagram is anything to go by, she is always down for her girl pals.

She has every right to share her criticisms with Casey, just as he has every right to share his with her but the amount of backlash Jessie was getting on Love Island last night was not okay. Jessie was just looking out for her girl!

At every point in the show, Jessie has been there for the other girls when they’ve been down, but she has hardly been paid the same courtesy.

Good on Queen Claudia for standing up for Jessie

via ITV

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t the biggest Claudia fan to start with but credit where credit’s due. She was the only one, other than Will, who defended Jessie. When the other Islanders began sharing with Will their thoughts about Jessie being genuine, Claudia was there spitting facts. Now that’s a friend you want in your life.

Claudia made it known that Jessie was only sticking up for her to the boys and Casey, and like the rest of us, was confused how it turned into a conversation about Jessie being genuine. Who cares if no water came out of her eyes? We only see an hour of heir day out of an entire 24!

Will is the boyfriend we all need in our lives

Will and Jessie may not be together, but it’ll be a travesty if they don’t give things a proper go on the outside world. Will was defending Jessie to the end of the earth, and as he should! In a albeit hilarious fashion, Will said: “Why’s everyone moving like snakes?” He was so valid for that. Will was asking the question viewers have been screaming at their TVs for weeks!

Will’s brother even showed his support for the couple and said Will was a “good boy” for sticking up for Jessie amidst all the backlash she was getting on Love Island. Regardless of what the other Islanders think, Will has already done his research into Jessie to the best of his abilities.

Aaron Waters, who entered the villa with Jessie, recently opened up about his time on the show and he claimed Will asked him about Jessie’s feelings. Aaron said: “Will comes up to me and is like, ‘Hey mat, just tell me the truth do you think Jessie is playing a game or being weird?’.

“And I said, ‘Being honest, I don’t know. I love Jessie and she does look really happy in here but I just question she didn’t get to know anybody else other than you when you were vulnerable.'”

If this conversation had planted any seed of doubt in Will’s head, you’ve got to think if they would be as smitten as they are now. At the end of the day, it’s not anybody else’s relationship but theirs.

Love Island 2023 continues at 9pm on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.