Footage of Love Island’s Haris in violent street brawl has emerged

His status in the villa is said to be ‘hung by the thinnest of threads’

A video of Haris Namani from Love Island 2023 in a violent street brawl has been posted online. The footage, obtained by The Sun, shows the Islander in a punch-up following a night out.

The Sun has described the clip as “distressing”, and in it the other fighter can be seen tumbling to the floor after a number of punches are exchanged. The video is said to be from May 2021, and was taken after a night out in Doncaster, south Yorkshire.

According to The Sun,  ITV bosses “scrambled to investigate their own vetting process as his future on the show hung by the thinnest of threads.” Update: It has since been reported that Haris has been dumped from the villa.

The video was originally shared on Snapchat, and has been leaked to The Sun since Haris has been appearing on the ITV show. You can hear someone in the background yell: “Go on Haris” as Haris shouts “I’m not a bully, I’m not a fucking bully”. As he stands over the other person, who is on the floor, Haris says “On my mum’s life…”

A pal told The Sun: “We were all surprised when we heard Haris was going on Love Island. He’s got quite a bit of a temper on him and if someone says something he’s more than prepared to have a fight. He’s got an advantage being a boxer and he knows he can cause damage because he trains four times a week.

“He knows what he is capable of because of his training. That kind of stuff has to stay in the ring. I’m surprised ITV didn’t do further checks. I saw the row between him and Shaq and wasn’t surprised in the slightest. That’s the type of guy he is. What you see is what you get.”

As a boxer, Haris faces tougher action if seen behaving violently in public. Boxers fists are viewed as “deadly weapons” so violent behaviour can end in more than just assault charges for them.

The Tab has reached out to ITV for comment.

Love Island 2023 continues at 9pm on ITV2 and ITVX. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.