Kai Love Island

Say hello to Kai! Winter Love Island’s rugby star who went to school with Marcus Rashford

He is also a science and PE teacher!

It’s only been six months since Love Island was on our screens and now it’s back as a bunch of single 20-somethings head off to South Africa for their chance at love. One Islander who is part of the winter roster is Kai Fagan, a 24-year-old science and PE teacher who once went to school with the Marcus Rashford.

Kai may not have reached the same sporting heights as Marcus, but he is a semi-professional rugby player who played for Jamaica and currently plays for Burnage RFC. But other than being pretty talented when it comes to sport, there is a lot more about Kai Fagan than at first glance. Here’s everything you need to know about Kai Fagan, as he heads into the South African villa on winter Love Island 2023.

Kai Love Island

Kai in his Love Island 2023 promo shoot

Kai is 24 years old and is from Manchester

Kai Fagan is 24 years old and is from Manchester, who actually went to school with Manchester United player Marcus Rashford. When asked what his claim to fame was, Kai said: “My cousin Dean was in Coronation Street. I went to school with Marcus Rashford and we were in the same class.” Kai’s school was sponsored by Manchester United and he had “so many experiences” as a result of that.

Kai Love Island

via Instagram @kaifagan_

Kai has three different degrees from three different universities

Kai played rugby while he attended Sheffield Hallam University and played for the England Universities RL side in 2019. Kai then came off the interchange bench in a 16-6 win against GB Police and he was also selected for the GB Pioneers student side. Kai explained: “I played rugby 7s for Jamaica. I play semi-professional rugby now for Burnage RFC. I’ve technically got three different degrees and went to three different unis.”

Kai is looking for a genuine connection with someone

When asked why he is going onto Love Island now, Kai said he is looking for a connection and thinks the villa is the perfect place to find it. He said: “When you first meet someone you never normally get to spend that much time with them, so when you’re genuinely looking for a connection, the villa is the perfect place to do it.”

Kai Love Island

via Instagram @kaifagan_

He described himself as caring and loving

If Kai had to pitch himself to someone, he would describe himself as being fun to be around. He described himself as “caring, loving and impulsive”. Kai is definitely the life of the party as he can’t remember the last time he sat in on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. I’m expecting nothing but energy from Kai!

Kai gets the ick when someone has a smelly breath

Kai has a lot of icks but his biggest ick is “having smelly breath”, which is pretty valid. He also doesn’t like when a girl calls him mate or bro. Safe to say Kai wants to be firmly out of the friend zone.

Kai Love Island

via Instagram @kaifagan_

His Instagram is mainly pictures of him on nights out or him playing rugby

Kai’s Instagram is full of loads of photos of him on nights out, at fancy restaurants and on holiday. The rugby player also gives an insight into his sporty side with the other half of his Instagram being full of matchday photos. His handle is @kaifagan_ if you fancy giving him a follow.

Winter Love Island 2023 starts on January 16th. For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.