Image may contain: Word, Paper, Label, Text

These 24 ‘we are not the same’ memes will make you realise, we are not the same

ROFLMAO

The phrase "we are not the same" has been all over Twitter this week, but what does it mean and why are all the "we are not the same" memes so funny?

What does the we are not the same meme mean?

When people say "we are not the same", they essentially mean that they're on a different level to you or have a different vibe to you. But most of the "we are not the same" tweets are actually quite self deprecating. They're a good way to laugh at yourself while using a new meme format.

For example you could say: "You're in her mentions, but I'm on her mind 24/7, we are NOT the same." This is to indicate that you're not even competing because you're on a different level to everyone else.

These are the 24 of the funniest we are not the same memes on the internet right now:

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

22.

23.

24.

Are there any other memes like the we are not the same format?

The meme has a similar energy to the "My Yé is different to your Yé" meme, which roughly translated to "Me and you are not on the same level." Or you could explain it as "I have a different vibe to yours."

More stories recommended by this writer:

The story behind the woman yelling at the cat meme is actually pretty dark

These 26 ‘Is there a doctor on this flight?’ memes will make you regret your career choices

The girl from *that* meme has been filmed having a massive fight

This is what the girl from *that* meme is like in real life

At least these 24 ‘gonna tell my kids’ memes make the future look bright

Two women had a HUGE fight in Greggs over the last vegan sausage roll