Netflix accidentally posts The Crown season three trailer, revealing drama to come

The video was quickly taken down

Hide Images

The Crown’s third season returns next month on the 17th of November, but Netflix Japan accidentally posted the Crown Season three trailer on its YouTube channel on Sunday.

The video was quickly set to private, but fans noted down all the drama that was shown in the trailer.

What was shown on The Crown season three trailer?

Although the video was set on private, another fan uploaded the full trailer with Japanese subtitles on YouTube:

The Queen questions her time on the throne as Bob Dylan’s ‘These Times Are A-Changin’ plays in the background. Her facial expression is reflective and slightly sad.

Queen Elizabeth is then seen preparing for her Silver Jubilee, which marks a 25 year rule on the throne in 1977. She doesn’t seem excited for it, but instead is heard saying: “This country was still great when I came to the throne, all that’s happened on my watch is that the place has fallen apart.”

During this time in British history, the country was divided over the minders’ strike in 1972 and in 1974 when a three-day week electricity ration was introduced.

Princess Margaret is married to Lord Snowdown, but the relationship turns sour and violent. The couple went through a divorce in 1978.

The trailer also shows the Queen arguing with her oldest son Prince Charles ahead of his presentation as the Prince of Wales.

Charles falls in love with camilla and is torn between her and his royal duties, the queen then hints to him that he isn’t the only one who’s had to make sacrifices in his life.

What time frame is The Crown season 3 set in?

Producers have confirmed that this season will be set in the 1970s. Each series covers a smaller time frame than the last, series one was eight years and series two was seven, so this season could be expected to cover a similar number of years.

Who is going to be in The Crown season three cast?

Queen Elizabeth will be played by Olivia Colman. Prince Philip is portrayed by Tobias Menzies. Princess Margaret is portrayed by Helena Bonham Carter. Ben Daniels is acting as Lord Snowdon. Prince Charles will be played by Josh O’Connor. Prince Anne is being portrayed by Erin Doherty. Marion Bailey is acting as the Queen Mother. Harold Wilson is being played by Jason Watkins and Camilla Shand by Emerald Fennell.

What have the royals said about The Crown?

Earlier this month Olivia Colman revealed that Prince William refuses to watch the show. The pair met and Will told her hew knew she was playing his grandma.

Olivia Colman told The Times: “He said, ‘I know what you’re doing here.’ I asked, ‘Do you watch it?’ He said, ‘No, I don’t.’”

When is the Crown season three release date?

The official release date for the Crown season 3 has finally been confirmed. It’s coming on Netflix on November 17th. In the meantime, sit tight and re-watch the last two series’ on Netflix.

Netflix has already announced the huge drops of The Bodyguard season two, Sex Education season two, You season two (and You season three!!!) and now this. 2019 is the year everyone’s social lives officially end.