Ok hold on, they’re ALREADY making plans for season THREE of You on Netflix?!

I’M NOT EVEN OVER THEM ANNOUNCING THE SECOND

Hide Images

In shocking news, it looks like there's already going to be a season three of You on Netflix. It has only just been announced there was a second season coming, but off the back of the success from season one, the third is already in the pipeline.

The first season of You, alongside Sex Education, which was released in January 2019, are expected to hit 40 million viewers, so it's no surprise Netflix is thinking of turning them both into more regular shows. The second season of Sex Education is expected on Netflix soon as well.

Here's everything we know so far about You season three, other than that we are majorly excited.

Elizabeth Lail as Beck in series one

Is You coming back for a third series?

It doesn't look like Joe Goldberg's murdering spree is coming to an end any time soon as the show's co-creator and executive producer, Sera Gamble, has hopes it will be back for a third series. She told Cosmo: "Absolutely it could come back for season three. First of all, it's up to the powers that be. We hope that a lot of people will watch the show and that it gets to continue.

"I will say that we have an idea for season three that is SO exciting that people talk about it in the [writer's] room everyday. So my fingers are crossed. I'll just say, I hope we get the chance to keep making the show."

You could be back year on year

When is the second season being aired?

Filming is starting for the second season of You, and it is expected to be released on Netflix at the end of 2019.

When will the third season be aired?

The second season has not yet been given an official release date, but if Netflix follows its usual scheduling plans then season three will be a year after that – so at the end of 2020.

The first season of You was released in its entirety on Netflix on December 26th 2018, and is still available to watch now.

Related stories recommended with this writer:

Season two of You on Netflix is CONFIRMED, here’s everything we know

These 16 ridiculous moments in Netflix’s ‘You’ prove just how dumb it is

Stay calm, but Netflix is about to drop some MORE incredible shows