Wood Street strip club to take in 50 homeless people on Christmas Day

They’re providing goody bags and Christmas dinner

City centre lap dancing bar X in the City are hosting, feeding and entertaining 50 homeless people this Christmas Day.

The incentive was put together by the Help the Homeless Kitchen with help from the Street Care Team. After an appeal for help manager of the club John Clarkson offered the venue free of charge and caterer Debbie Mousley stepped in to provide a three-course meal and a packed lunch to take away for all 50 rough sleepers.

Help The Homeless Kitchen have been running a hot food kitchen from the Bombed Out Church every Saturday since the start of the year.

Founder Toni Calland, told the ECHO: “It’s just been overwhelming the response from people. It wouldn’t have been possible without John and Debbie. We just want to make sure the homeless have one nice day over the festive period and to remind them they are not alone.

“I’ve also been preparing goody bags for them to take away with donations in, there’ll be a nice present like a bracelet for the ladies, then foil blankets, hand warmers, torches, and Christmas cards made by kids.

“We started off in January just two of us taking a pushchair filled with food and flasks around the streets, it’s amazing to be able to do something to this scale now.

“I wouldn’t want to spend my Saturdays anywhere else.”