Leeds’ most eligible bachelor: Round four

It’s raining men

In 2016, prince charming doesn’t reveal himself by coming to the rescue of damsels in distress. He is instead chosen by strong independent women judging random guys on the internet on the basis of the most shallow criteria. But don’t forget to vote y’all!

Elliot Blackler – fourth year, Economics

This fourth year Economics student is a committee member for Sports for non-Sporters, and an ex-club promoter: a partier and a sporty guy, he’s the ultimate lad. His friends think he deserves the title because of his love for deep house, his anti-fracking campaign, and his Glaswegian alter ego ‘Phil McCavity’, who ‘only comes out in the bedroom’. This guy’s an all rounder, could you ask for any more?

He can usually be found on the Parkinson steps staring dreamily down at people from behind the hot steam of his dahl and lentil soup. Apparently he’s also got a pretty banging dad bod that he’s been working on on his year in Australia, if you’re into that.

When told about his nomination, he asked, “do you win money?” Charmer.

Charlie Morgan – fourth year, History

Charlie’s just come back from his year abroad in Australia, where he “found himself.” Not just a pretty face, this fourth year History student also boasts some pretty impressive conquests: he was a 2015 London marathon runner, an LRFS model, exec of a sport society, briefly dated one of our favourite childhood band members, and shagged his supervisor at work. His friends say that, all in all, he’s a “well rounded guy who definitely deserves this prestigious award.”

Charlie says: “I’d like to thank the kind stranger who nominated me, this is just the boost I need to get me through fourth year! Hopefully if I win I could just drop out of the uni and live off the back of this for the rest of my life”.

Tom Rosier – second year, Economics

Known as the “original Varsity legend” amongst his friends, Tom is not only Leeds’ most eligible bachelor, he is the only Leeds bachelor that matters. According to his friends “Roz” deserves this more than anyone after devoting an extra two years to Hyde Park following a failed year abroad.

One story that springs to mind of this young Bachelor is of him asking a prostitute, (unbeknown to Tom that In fact she was a prostitute) directions back to the hotel in Magaluf and subsequently being robbed of his phone, camera and money. Poor chap.

After being informed of his competition, Tom was apparently confused, saying “If Tom Chestnut has been nominated then surely this isn’t a serious competition anymore?” He went on to say: “I played Varsity two years ago, I’ve just started going back to the gym and I’m a demon in the sack. It’s a no brainer. I’m more of an oil than Ethan Allen ever will be. It’s a farce that he won last year.”