Cipriani group ‘absolutely fucked’ before bus crash

Rugby stars dropped serious cash on booze before bus accident

• Cipriani and friends were ‘absolutely fucked’ before bus accident
• Group spent £200 in 15 minutes at the Eldon pub, and £140 at Hyde Park pub

Danny Cipriani’s group were “absolutely fucked” when the rugby star was hit by a double decker bus last night, pub landlords say.

Following in a fine tradition of Otley Runs, the crowd of rugby players terrorised traffic and saw off endless booze.

Stuart McCall, duty manager of the Eldon pub told The Tab: “They were absolutely fucked. They had beer bongs and funnels and spent £200 in 15 minutes.”

Danny Cipriani earlier that night

‘Absolutely fucked’…Cipriani’s group were on an Otley Run when the accident happened

“They were stopping traffic in the Hyde Park crossing, and when I refused to serve three of them they ran down the road.”

Lee Fazeckerly, bar supervisor at the Hyde Park Pub, said the “merry” group paid £140 up front.

He said: “They came in at 6.30 and put £140 on the bar tab, and then left at 7.00.”

Cipriani was doing the Otley Run in fancy dress with Sale Sharks team mates, including Wales number eight Andy Powell.

Capture

The group of friends had adopted a ‘Wizard of Oz’ theme for the event, beginning at Woody’s just before 2pm, with Danny’s teammate Will Addison tweeting “And so it begins”.

But the rowdy star was left with a sorer head than planned after colliding with a double-decker bus outside Halo.

Paramedics treated him for concussion on Woodhouse Lane and he spent the night in hospital.

Danny’s manager James Williamson told The Tab: “It was a group social, I don’t think you can single out Danny for certain behaviour.

“I haven’t spoken to him yet but he is at home recovering and is a bit shaken up.”

@_davidpratt
Heard something newsworthy?

, Editor, The Tab Leeds

These are the best clubbers in Leeds this week

Stop what you’re doing and listen

, Editor, The Tab Leeds

Free pizza for a YEAR: Get Baked founder celebrates new restaurant with insane competition

Their Oreo pizza has been described as ‘Domino’s on Class A drugs’

, Editor, The Tab Leeds

Some Hyde Park third years have had ‘bellends’ spraypainted on their house

They think it’s because they keep throwing loud parties

, Chief Reporter

Match4Lara: They’ve found a stem cell donor

The Masters student’s family described it as ‘pure relief’

I play Cupid for a dating app

We met a real-life matchmaker for new dating app, Once

, Contributing Editor

How what you watch on Netflix affects your sex life

The science of Netflix and Chill

, Contributing Editor

Just what is ‘dabbing’ and why do footballers keep doing it?

Look at my dab

North London is the best

Stop saying it’s frumpy

, Chief Reporter

Football teams are now signing people who are really good at Fifa

Can you do it on a cold night in Stoke though?