Police release CCTV images after homophobic assault at York takeaway

Police believe these women may have information that can help the investigation

The North Yorkshire Police have released CCTV images after a homophobic attack at Yummy Chicken takeaway in York.

A man was attacked by a group of women after being subject to homophobic abuse.

The attack happened on Saturday 30th October 2021 but details have only now been released by police.

Police say the man was subjected to homophobic abuse by a group of women, before being physically attacked by them.

They are also looking to speak to a number of witnesses who are believed to have intervened in the incident, preventing it from escalating further.

CCTV images have now been released in an appeal for information, asking anyone who recognises these women, has any information on the incident, or who may have mobile phone footage of the attack to get in touch.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the North Yorkshire Police by calling 101, selecting option two and asking for Ffion Twomlow, or by emailing [email protected] and quoting the reference number 12210232560.

If you wish to remain anonymous, you can also pass information to Crimestoppers at 0800 555 111 or via their website.