The University of York confirms it does not have any Russian donors

‘We can confirm that the University does not have current donations or grants from individuals or organisations in Russia’

The University of York confirms it does not have any Russian donors.

In a post made to their website, the University of York said it has reviewed all its institutional relationships with Russia and can confirm it “does not have current donations or grants from individuals or organisations in Russia, and nor do we hold investments in Russian companies.”

The university is also “not aware of any current, formal institutional ties with partners in Russia, or institutional grants with Russian research bodies.”

Anyone with concerns about this is encouraged to get in touch with Associate Deans for Research, or the Research Grant Office, so the university can help understand and support the best way forward.

The University of York is also providing Russian and Ukrainian students with welfare and financial support throughout the crisis. A University spokesperson said: “We wish to acknowledge that the news of the war in Ukraine is very upsetting, particularly for our students and colleagues from Ukraine, Russia and surrounding areas.

“Where we’ve been able to identify staff or students from Ukraine and Russia, we’ve contacted them directly to offer welfare and other types of support. Both the University and colleges are working to ensure all members of the University community are supported as much as possible, and we will respond as appropriate as the situation develops.

Ways you can help the people of Ukraine include remaining informed on the situation and vigilant about information shared on social mediadonating money to verified organisations and providing supplies for Ukrainian residentsFor more information about how you can get involved, click here.