Image may contain: Shop, Apartment Building, Window, Neighborhood, City, High Rise, Town, Building, Urban, Brick, Transportation, Car, Automobile, Vehicle

Stone Roses is re-opening tomorrow

The beloved bar is back

Two and a half weeks after the Stone Roses bar posted on their Facebook that they "won't be open until Feb," the popular city centre bar has revealed that they are reopening.

It was reported that North Yorkshire Police had been called to the venue 51 times in 2018 and opposed the renewal of the establishment's license to play music, serve alcohol and open daily from mid-morning until late.

However, the public have come to the rescue, with more than 11,000 people signing a petition to save the bar, some giving reasons for signing such as "Stones is a York institution," "I kicked off my stag weekend here," and of course, "I love blue shits."

The bar's official Facebook page has been providing regular updates, including warning followers of potential changing license terms including earlier closure on student nights, or even complete closure.

However, today the bar revealed that they would re-open as of 8th February, writing on Facebook that "We can not thank you all for your support throughout our closure. So.. We're pleased to announce, as of TOMORROW.. We're BACK OPEN!! Let the good times commence…"

??We can not thank you all for your support throughout our closure. So.. We’re pleased to announce, as of TOMORROW..We’re BACK OPEN!! Let the good times commence…

Posted by The Stone Roses Bar York on Thursday, February 7, 2019

Fans are delighted, leaving comments about how they can't wait to return, and tagging friends to share the good news.

Welcome back, Stones!

Featured image credit: Adam Bruderer