Warwick Uni ranks ninth in the Guardian’s best UK universities 2024 table

This comes after a slight dip as Warwick placed eighth last year

The University of Warwick has ranked ninth overall in the Guardian’s best University Guide 2024 list.

This ranks UK universities by subject, taking into account a range of factors including teaching satisfaction, student-to-staff ratio, spending per student and the number of students who get jobs 15 months after graduating.

The Guardian University Guide then reveals a “Guardian Score” out of 100, which attests to a “rating of excellence based on a combination of all the other factors”.

The University of Warwick fell from eighth place last year, but has still stayed within the top 10.

Warwick ranked particularly highly in certain subjects such as Film Studies (first), Accounting and Finance (second), Business and Management (fourth), History of Art (fourth), English (fifth) and International Relations (sixth).

The university was also ranked in other popular subjects like Mathematics (eighth), Engineering (21st), Economics (eighth) and History (eighth).

Here are the 15 best unis in the UK right now, according to The Guardian University Guide 2024:

1. St Andrews
  2. Oxford
  3. Cambridge
  4. London School of Economics
  5. Imperial College
  6. Bath
  7. Durham
  8. UCL
  9. Warwick
  10. Loughborough
  11. Lancaster
  12. Aberdeen
  13. Glasgow
  14. Edinburgh
  15. University of the Arts London

• University of Warwick ranked in the top 10 UK unis for 20 subjects

• Warwick SU’s Graduation Ball 2023 has been cancelled

• Warwick student with cancer wins £12,000 payout after university denied extension request