Nearly 50 per cent of Warwick students are voting Labour in the upcoming election

The Conservatives were the second most popular party

Hide Images

Warwick’s results are in from The Tab’s snap election survey.

Labour were the leading party amongst Warwick students, garnering 48 per cent of votes, while the Conservatives trailed behind with 31 per cent.

The Lib Dems received 17 per cent of votes, UKIP 1.5 per cent and the Greens one per cent.

204 people at Warwick responded to the Tab’s election survey, providing an snap-shot indication of how Warwick students may choose to vote next month and why.

[infogram id=”how_warwick_students_voted” prefix=”HOW” format=”interactive” title=”How warwick students voted”]

These results show that Labour continue to be a popular choice for many Warwick students and show similar results to The Tab Warwick’s earlier poll, in which Labour led with 44 per cent and the Conservatives followed with 32 per cent of votes.

The majority of supporters of the three major parties said they were voting based on policy. The second option chosen amongst students for their chosen party was that there was no better option.

The general election will take place on Thursday 8th June. You have until 11.59pm on the 22nd May to register to vote and may be registered both at home and at Warwick.