Jeremy Corbyn was at Warwick University last weekend

He spoke at the annual Labour Local Government Conference on Saturday

Hide Images

Jeremy Corbyn’s visit to Warwick University went almost completely unnoticed as he was one of a number of local governments members and shadow parliamentary team members speaking at the event which began on Friday 17th February 2017.

The annual event was held at the recently occupied slate building on campus. Warwick Labour gave a statement saying: “We were aware a few days prior to his visit that Jeremy would be on campus for a private event which students would not be able to attend.

“However, a trip to Stoke for the upcoming by-election had been planned for weeks so we knew that our members wouldn’t have been able to catch up with him on campus. Our members who made the trip to Stoke were fortunate enough to be able to speak to him there instead.”

First year physics student, Umar Khan commented: “It’s quite strange that such a figure from British politics was at Warwick and it went almost completely unnoticed.”

Theresa May also visited Warwick last year at WMG without the student body noticing.