Coventry named most dangerous city in UK

It’s also one of the top ten in Europe

Hide Images

World Atlas has recently ranked Coventry as the most dangerous city in the UK, and the seventh most dangerous city in Europe.

This ranking means that Coventry is the only UK city to make it on to the top ten list of dangerous cities in Europe.

The website based their rankings on factors such as “perceived threat of being annoyed, harassed, insulted, or solicited by locals”.

Other factors included perception of crime levels, recent changes in crime, safety walking alone and fear of muggings or robberies.

World Atlas named Coventry’s criminal “hot-spots” as Willenhall, Foleshill, Hillfields and Wood End areas.

They state that “anti-social behaviour, burglary, theft, drugs, robbery, sexual assault, and shoplifting all cause insecurity in this city.”

However, according to the Coventry Telegraph the World Atlas has inaccuracies and inconsistencies in many of their articles, thus this ranking was disputed.

World Atlas named Rostov-on-Don as the most dangerous city in Europe, yet in another article, they claimed that Ukraine is the largest country in Europe because Russia is in Asia.