Major new student accommodation to open in Leamington later this year

It will be called ‘The Union Leamington’

Alumno Developments have revealed plans for the new student accommodation called ‘The Union Leamington’ set to be open later this year.

Image provided by Alumno Developments

The development will be along the Grand Union Canal and comprise of two four-storey buildings with a total of 187 student bedrooms.

These will be a mixture of studios and cluster units with shared living rooms and kitchens, with the ground floor containing communal areas that look out onto the canal.

The accommodation would also have management and security facilities to serve the student residents.

Image provided by Alumno Developments

Just under 5,000 Warwick University students currently live in Leamington spa, so this project brings welcome solutions to the challenges facing the local area as a result of the growing student population. It may also provide significant economic benefits for the town and utilise the currently unmaintained canal-side area.

The managing director of Alumno, David Campbell, said: “We understand the importance of the whole student experience and the key part accommodation plays.

“Our mission is to create a secure and comfortable environment that supports student living and learning. We know going to university is not just about studying, but also about the complete experience of living away from home, making new friends and sharing with other people.”