All the South Yorkshire bands performing at Tramlines this year

Come and support your local bands

Tramlines is Sheffield’s largest annual music festival that takes place on Hillsborough Park every July. Over the years, bands like The Arctic Monkeys, Reverend and The Makers, Catfish and The Bottlemen and The Courteeners have headlined the festival – just to name a few.

And, after a year of lockdown restrictions and a cancelled 2020 festival, Tramlines is set to return to the Steel City this summer. This July, The Streets, Royal Blood and Richard Ashcroft will be headlining the festival. Over the weekend, more than 40 artists are set to perform, including many bands from South Yorkshire.

Here’s your guide to all the South Yorkshire bands and artists performing at Tramlines this year:

The Everly Pregnant Brothers

This Sheffield band was formed from a drunken dare set up by Pete McKee and Richard Bailey. After the dare prompted success, The Everly Pregnant Brothers was created by putting together five Sheffielders with ukuleles and a lead lyricist. With three things in common: beer, ukuleles and having a laugh, these ‘brothers’ are bringing their good humour to Tramlines this July.

Well known Everly Pregnant Brother songs include ‘Hendo’s’,NO Oven No Pie‘ and ‘Stuck in the Lidl with you’.

Instagram @evpregbros

The Blinders

This three-piece alternative rock band are originally from Doncaster. Formed in 2014, whilst studying at Manchester University, the band is made up of Thomas Haywood (vocalist/ lead guitarist), Charlie McGough (bass guitarist) and Matt Neale (drums/percussion 2016-2020).

Influenced by the literary words of George Orwell and artist such as Kanye West and Nick Cave, The Blinders attempt to combine psychedelic poetry and political punk rock to provide a diverse  ‘Punkadelic’ sound.

The Blinders have released three albums, their latest release being ‘Fantasies Of A Stay At Home Psychopath’ album in July 2020.

Check them out on Instagram @theblinders

www.theblindersofficial.com

SHEAFS

SHEAFS are a five piece alternative post-punk band from Sheffield. After 14 months of no lives shows, the band made their return this month supporting Squid at The Leadmill. The band are currently selling limited edition vinyl copies of their 2020 EP ‘Vox Pop’. Alternatively, you can listen to the album here.

@sheafsband

For more information on SHEAFS, visit www.sheafs.co.uk or their Facebook page.

Bedroom High Club

Bedroom High Club will be gracing the Tramlines stage on Friday 23 July. This four-man Barnsley band played at the festival in 2019 and were scheduled to play in 2020 too before it was cancelled.

Check them out on their Instagram @bedroomhighclub 

The Rooves

The Rooves are an indie/ alternative band from Chesterfield. Created at a house party during sixth form, the band have steadily grown a loyal following in the Steel City selling out popular music venues The Leadmill and The O2 Academy. To accumulate their unique sound, the band take inspiration from Leicester band Easy Life and artist Clairo. Can’t wait until Tramlines to hear their indie sound? Check out their latest single release ‘Neighbourhood’ now.

More information on The Rooves can be found on their Instagram and Facebook page.

The Sherlocks

This South Yorkshire band consists of brothers, Kiaran and Brandon Cook, Trent Jackson and Alex Proctor. Formed in 2010, The Sherlocks played at Leeds and Reading Festival in 2015 and have already performed in the past at Tramlines. The band’s latest release is their new single ‘End of the Earth’, which is available to listen to on Spotify.

Follow The Sherlocks on Instagram @thesherlocks for regular updates ahead of Tramlines 2021.

www.thesherlocksmusic.co.uk

The Reytons

Established just two years ago, The Reytons are back to grace the Tramlines stage once more. In the last 24 months, this band has gone from playing in Sheffield pubs to performing sell-out shows at the city’s O2 Academy. With over 60,000 monthly listeners on Spotify, not many four-piece bands have capitivated a musical audience as quick as The Reyotns.

Their debut album ‘Kids of the estate’ is available to pre-order before the release on the 24th September.

Check them out on instagram @thereytons or visit,https://thereytons.com

Havelocke

From the Steel City itself, Havelocke combine emo, post-hardcore and all things horror to create their sound. Taking inspiration from early My Chemical Romance and the post-hardcore edge of Underoath, the band promotes a true emo-punk band that fans can’t get enough off. Havelocke’s latest 2021 release is EP ‘Arsonist’ which gives fans five songs to enjoy. Check it out on Spotify now before they play at Tramlines this July.

www.facebook.com/thisishavelocke

Before Breakfast

This female duo from Sheffield weave strong melodies with piano, cello and vocal harmonies to create the original sound that is Before Breakfast. Gina and Lucy have strong musical experience and take inspiration from artists like Bjork and Marika Hackman. The two-piece band has supported C Duncan on his 2019 UK tour and performed on The Sage and Albert Hall in Manchester supporting other local artists. Over the years, Before Breakfast has worked closely with Sheffield band Reverend and the Makers as well as the Dunwells, The Howl and The Hum and Renegade Brass Band.

Check out their music on iTunes and follow their Instagram page to get all the latest Before Breakfast updates ahead of Tramlines.

For more information on this year’s Tramlines Festival, visit www.tramlines.org.uk.

You can also follow them on their official Instagram page for regular updates leading up to the festival.

Featured image credit: GILES-SMITH/ FANATIC and TRAMLINES 2019

Recommended posts: