Image may contain: Meal, Food, Eating, Vase, Pottery, Potted Plant, Plant, Jar, Flora, Person, People, Human

Martha from GBBO is coming to judge a baking competition at the University of Sheffield

Here’s hoping there aren’t too many soggy bottoms

Martha Collison, the youngest ever contestant on the Great British Bake Off, will be channelling her inner Mary Berry next month as she heads to the University of Sheffield to judge a baking competition.

The Big University Bake will be held on Thursday 22nd February and will feature a variety of categories such as: pastry, cupcakes, whole cakes and savoury bakes. The entries will be judged by Martha, who reached the quarter finals in the fifth series of GBBO, and a panel of experts.

The competition is open to both students and staff (yet another thing your lecturers will be doing instead of replying to your emails), with the winner announced during a special Q&A.

The Q&A is free and will be held in the Discovery Rooms inside the Students' Union between 4-5pm, and will be hosted by TV chef and native Yorkshireman Joe Hurd.

Image may contain: Bowl, Person, People, Human

And if that isn't enough Martha-based excitement for one day, Martha will also be hosting 'An Evening with Martha Collison' at the INOX restaurant, featuring a three course meal made from Martha’s own recipes, followed by another Q&A.

The competition is being held in order to raise money for the University’s Sheffield Scanner Appeal, with donations being taken at the Q&A and the cakes from the competition also being sold to raise funds.

The University is aiming to raise £2 million to establish a ground-breaking MRI-PET facility which will transform their understanding of serious conditions like cancer, dementia, heart and lung diseases, MND, Parkinson's and stroke and the way they are treated in the future.

Tickets for the Q&A can be bought here.

For more information about how to apply, click here.