You can de-stress with puppies next Tuesday

You’d be barking mad to miss it.

Animal-lovers are invited to a Pet Therapy session on Tuesday, from 1pm to 4pm, organised by the University’s free counselling service.

Across several rooms there’ll be guide dogs and their handlers, with capacity for six to eight people in each room at a time.

How could you say no to those cute puppy-dog eyes?

Numbers are limited to ensure that the dogs feel comfortable, and to provide visitors a chance to get cuddles with the puppies.

Adam Greenwood, who leads the team planning the event, said: “This is the third year we’ve put on a puppy play session.

“In the past, we’ve had lots of people who really miss their family pet, but also an international student who’d never even seen a dog before.”

And they call it puppy love…

Adam was quick to point out the serious purpose of the informal event.

He said: “As well as a fun afternoon, it’s a great opportunity to show students where we are and what we do. We’re open to everyone, and the whole point is to help remove barriers — particularly with young males, who face a lot of mental problems of their own.”

Each room will have two dogs and their handlers, and capacity for six to eight students

The University Counselling Service (UCS), based at 36 Wilkinson Street, offers confidential advice and support to all students, starting with an initial psychological assessment.

More details about the event can be found on its Facebook page.

It’s enough to warm the coldest of hearts