Harsh college bods fine rugby boys £200 for pouring water on people’s heads

Imagine if it was…beer

Eton Fine teddy hall

Two third year rugby players have been fined £100 each for pouring water out of a window on to unsuspecting passers-by.

The Teddy Hall pair hosed members of the public from a room inside the college last Tuesday.

Now strict college heads have fined the Old Etonians and banned them from the college bar for the next month.

Their defence against their punishments was that it was raining at the time. The plea was unsuccessful.

Boring bureaucrats have slapped the boys with a hefty fine

This isn’t the first time members of the rugby club have found themselves in deep water.

The team has already broken three windows in the bar since October.

Two years ago members of the squad were made to do community service and got a year-long ban from the bar after breaking a porter’s arm when they stormed another college.

The buffoonery has upset some students at Teddy Hall. One said: “It’s so sad. Teddy Hall does so much access work trying to show that the stereotypes of boorish, entitled public school boys are outdated – only for these two boorish, entitled public school boys to undo the lot.”

Watch your head mate

A fresher said: “It’s unfortunate (especially given the behaviour of the Keble Ghosts earlier this year) as unfairly or not, incidents like these are earning rugby a reputation for misogyny and rowdiness.”

Others think the sentence was a bit harsh. One student said: “Ultimately, what they did wasn’t nearly as bad as the college are making out. They shouldn’t have done it, but a £100 fine is really excessive.”