Save your pennies: The best food places in Notts with a student discount

For when you wanna make the most out of your student loan

Freshers’ Week has been and gone, and nowhere does it quite like Notts. For many students your student loans will have been spent on eye-watering amounts of booze, club wristbands that will get forgotten about as soon as someone mentions Ocean, and tram fines. However, the temptation to go out for food rather than cook never goes away, and that can be expensive after such a busy start.

Fortunately, Nottingham is home to a large variety of places, with something for everyone. Many of these places offer student discount, meaning that you can enjoy great food and drinks without breaking the bank. Here are some of the best food places in Notts offering you that exclusive discount:

Yo! Sushi – 20 per cent off

Located by the Lace Market tram stop, Yo! Sushi offers students 20 per cent off the bill Monday through Friday. Just create a UniDays account and enter the code when you want to pay. This way you can fill up on sushi guilt free, and with an extensive range of vegetarian options, there is no shortage of options. What’s not to love?

George’s Great British Kitchen – 2-4-1 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays 

George’s Great British Kitchen describes itself as “fusing great British ingredients with global flavours” and has a range of pies, burgers, and other British staples. With a valid student ID, you can get all the burgers and pies from the main menu 2-4-1 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Ohannes Burger (Beeston Branch) – 10 per cent off

If you are simply in the mood for burger and chips, Ohannes Burger is the place to go. To get student discount, head to the Beeston branch with a valid student ID to get 10 per cent off your bill. The variety of burgers and sides available means there is always something exciting and new to try and the milkshakes are an absolute must.

Pudding Pantry – 10 per cent off Monday-Thursday

Fancy something sweet? Pudding Pantry offer students 10 per cent of their bill throughout the week, which is perfect for anyone craving a dessert. There are three branches: Beeston, Sherwood, and the Nottingham city center, so it is easy to get to wherever you are. It can also be found on Deliveroo if you don’t want to make the journey.

All Bar One – 20 per cent off

If you are looking for a relaxed way to end a busy week of uni, All Bar One is the place to be. A stylish cocktail bar located on Weekday Cross by Lace Market,  All Bar One is perfect for Brunch (both the sober and bottomless variety) or a cute cocktail evening. Students can get 20 per cent off through UniDays – just present your code at the end of the meal.

Zizzi – 30 per cent off Monday – Wednesday OR 20 per cent off Sundays and Thursdays

Zizzi is an Italian restaurant on King Street in the city center, and via Student Beans you can get two good deals on food. On Mondays through to Wednesdays, you can receive 30 per cent off on food for up to six people. On Sundays and Thursdays, the offer is 20 per cent off on food for up to six people.

Nottingham Bowl – two games for £10

Although, not solely food related, Nottingham Bowl offer students two games of bowling for £10. All you need is a valid form of student ID and you’re set. This is a fun way to spend an evening if you are not in the mood to drink. There is also have a range of food options to chose from if you fancy a bite to eat while you bowl.

• ‘I found a rat in my bed’: Notts students share their craziest stories from Freshers’ 2023

• Your complete and ultimate guide to the upcoming gigs in Nottingham this month

• The seven types of Notts students you’ll come across during Freshers’ Week