Police return ‘rather large’ dildo stolen from Gloryholes in Notts city centre

The police returned the sex toy to the bar in an evidence bag

Nottinghamshire Police found and were able to return a “rather large” decorative dildo to Nottingham bar Gloryholes.

Samuel Slater also stole cash, 135 bottles of spirits and an illuminated Jack Daniels sign alongside one of the sex toys that are part of the decor at the adult-only mini golf course.

Slater, 35 also attempted to steal a four foot Stormtrooper from the wacky adult themed 18-hole site located in George Street, Hockley. CCTV footage revealed him trying and failing to rip the Stormtrooper off the wall, Nottingham Post reports.

Police were able to identify him from CCTV footage after he broke into the premises at 3am last month via a fire exit and within two hours of committing the crime, Slater was arrested. The police were then able to recover the item from Slater’s hot in Grierson Avenue, Bestwood.

Half the stock and the sex toy was returned to GloryHoles less than 24 hours after the crime, but the cash was never recovered.

Dan Brown, Gloryholes co-owner said: “We thought it was really funny. There was a call over the PC’s radio asking if we were missing a rather large sex toy which had been found on the offenders sofa.The officer was a bit awkward about it but found it funny.

“We weren’t aware it was missing until the police discovered it on the accused’s couch.”

Slater pleaded guilty to burglary and was sentenced to eight months in prison, suspended for 12 months and ordered to pay £65 compensation to Gloryholes.

Featured image via Facebook

Related articles recommended  by this author:

• Confirmed: These are all of the days lecturers are set to strike in Nottingham

• He’s at it again, Notts grad on The Apprentice wins challenge and releases another banging rap

• Notts student on 24 Hours in A&E after tripping over in uni library and hitting her head on desk