We found the cheapest flights from Notts Airport and you can go on holiday from just £16

Pints are cheaper abroad

Who doesn’t love a holiday? After the past few years that we’ve had with the virus wreaking havoc on the travel industry and causing disruption to holiday plans around the globe, it’s about time we donned the suncream and shades and hopped on the next flight outta here.

I did exactly that a month ago whilst lecturer strikes were cancelling our education left, right and centre. I booked the cheapest flight available to Tenerife and flew from East Midlands Airport for five glorious days in the sun.

We’re now only a week away until the Easter break, and with five more days of strikes scheduled before then, let the holiday countdown begin.

We rounded up the cheapest flights from East Midlands Airport so that you don’t have to. Whether you’re after a beach holiday, party time, some culture or just some much needed R&R we’ve got you covered. I can taste the Lay’s crisps and Fanta Lemon already.

1. Milan, Italy £16

A global capital of fashion and design, Milan is a metropolis found in Italy’s northern Lombardy region. A short two hour flight with Ryanair and you’ll be sipping on a double espresso in no time. Average temperature in April 18°C / 10°C.

Average price of an espresso – £1.43

Outbound:

Tuesday 5th April, 13:35 – 16:35

Ryanair

East Midlands Airport — Milan Bergamo Airpot

Inbound:

Monday 11th April, 06:15 – 07:15

Ryanair (Operated by Malta Air)

Milan Bergamo Airpot – East Midlands Airport

2. Dublin, Ireland £23

Book a return flight with Ryanair and you’ll have all the luck of the Irish and be in Dublin an hour later. The home of Guinness, St Patrick’s Cathedral and Teeling Whiskey Distillery all a hop, skip and jump away across the Irish Sea. Average temperature in April 13°C / 4°C.

Average cost of a pint – £4.17

Outbound: 

Sunday 17th April, 22:35 – 23:35

Ryanair

East Midlands Airport – Dublin Airport

Inbound:

Saturday 23rd April, 08:05 – 09:05

Ryanair

Dublin Airport – East Midlands Airport

3. Limoges, France £30

Located in southwest-central France, Limoges is a city known for its decorated porcelain. Average temperature in April 16°C / 7°C.

Average cost of a pint – £3.79

Outbound: 

Tuesday 26th April, 18:40 – 21:15

Ryanair

East Midlands Airport – Limoges-Bellegarde Airport

Inbound: 

Saturday 30th April, 17:05 – 17:40

Ryanair

Limoges-Bellegarde Airport – East Midlands Airport

4. Palma, Spain £30

Return flight with Ryanair and you’ll be on your way to Palma, Spain. The biggest attraction has to be the Santa María cathedral that overlooks the Bay of Palma, but if it’s beaches you’re after, Palma more than delivers on its sun and beach tourism. Average temperature in April 19°C / 11°C.

Average cost of a pint – £2.10

Outbound: 

Saturday 2nd April, 17:20 – 20:45

Ryanair

East Midlands Airport – Palma de Mallorca Airport

Inbound:

Friday 8th April, 21:15 – 22:45

Ryanair

Palma de Mallorca Airport – East Midlands Airport

5. Budapest, Hungary £36

Budapest is jam packed with attractions galore, famous for its rich culture, the Danube River, underground caves and as Spa Capital of the World. I hear it’s got some globally renowned Ruin Bars too! Average temperature in April 17°C / 8°C.

Average cost of a pint – £1.47

Outbound: 

Monday 25th April, 13:55 – 17:25

Ryanair

East Midlands Airport – Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport

Inbound:

Friday 29th April, 22:25 – 00:05+1

Ryanair

Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport – East Midlands Airport

6. Faro, Portugal £38

Return flight with Ryanair and you can be in Faro, Portugal. This coastal city has a blend of a unique cultural history, lively nightlife, tempting local cuisine and affordable accommodation. Average temperature in April 20°C / 11°C.

Average cost of a pint – £1.63

Outbound:

Tuesday 29th March, 07:30 – 10:25

Ryanair

East Midlands Airport – Faro Airport

Inbound:

Thursday 31st March, 10:20 – 13:10

Ryanair

Faro Airport – East Midlands Airport

7. Málaga, Spain £39

Return flight with Ryanair and you can fly to Málaga, Spain. A port city that is the epitome of the Andalusian lifestyle, Málaga is adorned in golden beaches and birthplace of artist and sculpture Pablo Picasso. Average temperature in April 21°C / 11°C.

Average cost of a pint – £1.68

Outbound:

Tuesday 29th March 17:05 – 20:55

Ryanair

East Midlands Airport – Málaga–Costa del Sol Airport

Inbound:

Sunday 3rd April, 07:00 – 08:50

Ryanair

Málaga–Costa del Sol Airport – East Midlands Airport

8. Alicante, Spain £41

Return flight with Ryanair to Alicante, Spain. Alicante is the perfect spot for sunbathing, swimming and sailing in the warm Mediterranean Sea. Alicante’s main port is packed full of eateries, bars, pubs and clubs all open til late. Average temperature in April 21°C / 10°C.

Average cost of a pint – £2.44

Outbound:

Tuesday 26th April, 17:45 – 21:20

Ryanair

East Midlands Airport – Alicante–Elche Miguel Hernández Airport

Inbound:

Sat, 30 Apr 22:05 – 23:45

Ryanair

Alicante–Elche Miguel Hernández Airport – East Midlands Airport

Getting to East Midlands Airport

The only thing you have left to worry about now is how you’re getting to East Midlands Airport. With trains taking as little as 15 minutes between Nottingham and Long Eaton, you can easily catch the Skylink service to the airport.

Services run multiple times every hour throughout the day. By coach it will take 50 minutes, with buses departing daily from Nottingham Station Street. I chose to get a Bolt to and from the airport which actually worked out cheaper than paying for airport parking for the week.

Sometimes it feels like a change of scene, no matter the destination, is the best thing ever. Whether you’re off to Dublin for The Guinness Storehouse or Alicante for its expansive public beaches enjoy every second. Happy flighting.

All costs are correct at the time of publication. 

I spent a week romantiscising my student life in Notts and this is how it went

These are the songs that motivate Notts students throughout the semester

A roundup of the best tattoo studios in Nottingham