Over 100 firefighters tackling major fire at an industrial unit in Dunkirk

This is the third fire at the site this year

Over 100 figherfighters and 12 fire engines have been called to an Industrial site along Harrimans Lane, Dunkirk to tackle an exteremely large metal fire.

This is the third time this year that this site has experienced such an event, with fires also breaking out in March and May of this year.

The Tab Notts previously reported in May how a fire had broken out at the same industrial unit, the smoke from which could be seen across the city.

Footage captured by witnesses depicts a plume of fire and smoke rising up into sky from the site, with the fire being visible from the Univeristy of Nottingham’s University Park Campus.

Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service have said: “Over 100 firefighters continue to tackle a significant metal fire on Harrimans Lane, Dunkirk.

“Please stay out of the area and be aware of a large number of vehicles travelling to the incident.

“Crews and our multi-agency partners will continue working throughout the night to tackle the significant incident on Harrimans Lane.

“Due to the large amount of smoke and strong winds we remind residents to stay clear of the area and close their windows and doors.”

Featured image courtesy of @Nottingham_Dan1 on Twitter

• BREAKING: A fire has broken out at an industrial unit in Dunkirk

• Nottingham firefighters still at scene of Dunkirk blaze

• One of first UK cases of new Omicron Covid variant found in Nottingham