UoN raises over £114,000 for Movember, placing second out of unis

Men’s hockey raised a whopping 16k

This November, students from Nottingham universities grew out their facial hair or ran at least 60 kilometres in the name of charity.

The University of Nottingham raised a total of £114,796 making them the second best university in the country for Movember fundraising, just behind the University of Exeter.

Movember, who are working to ‘stop men dying young’, are raising funds towards men’s mental health and suicide prevention as well as vital research into testicular and prostate cancers.

Some Tab Notts writers took part this year.

The top 3 clubs for Movember fundraising at UoN were as follows:

(1) University of Nottingham’s Men’s Hockey Club – raising an impressive £16,371

(2) University of Nottingham’s Rugby Club – with just over £11,000

(3) UON Ladies Hockey Club – doing it for the girls to show their support for mens health raising in excess of £6500!

Whilst some had the luxury of raising funds by growing out weird and wonderful facial hair (that doesn’t come quite so naturally to all of us!) others, including UON ladies hockey club, walked and ran 60 kilometres each in aid of the great cause. Meanwhile, The Tab Notts lads came together to show their support for men’s health and managed to raise £179. Every little helps!