Image may contain: Path, Skin, Zebra Crossing, Metropolis, Architecture, Downtown, Intersection, Street, Town, Urban, City, Building, Tarmac, Asphalt, Road, Person, Pedestrian, Human

Faraday Road closed off after a shooting in Nottingham City Centre last night

A woman was shot in the arm

A woman has been injured in a shooting in the city centre near Faraday Road last night.

The shooter is thought to have fled the scene on a moped.

The woman, whose injuries are not reported to be life-threatening, was shot in the arm late Saturday night and was taken for treatment at Queen's Medical Centre at 10:30pm.

A length of Fletcher Gate has been closed off, affecting bus and tram services, and a cordon put in place at the scene as enquiries take place. 

Superintendent Paul Winter, of Nottinghamshire Police, said:

"Officers were quickly on the scene in large numbers and there will be a big visible presence in the area as we investigate the incident and maintain public safety.

"Police officers will remain in the area to ensure that there is no further risk to the public as a result of this incident and we are already following up a number of lines of enquiry.

"We would urge anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information to call us on 101, quoting incident number 952 of 3 November 2018, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."