Image may contain: Railing, Furniture, Chair, Bench

Nottingham train station closed all day after huge fire

Nobody is thought to be injured

fire Nottingham station train

Nottingham train station is closed all day after it was evacuated when a fire allegedly started in the ladies toilet and spread to the main roof of the building.

The fire broke out at 6:30am this morning, and over 50 firemen have been sent to tackle the blaze.

An East Midlands Trains spokesperson has advised that customers avoid travelling "to or from Nottingham this morning".

The blaze can be seen in the following video:

The Nottingham Fire and Rescue Service released a statement this morning: "This is a fully developed fire in the main concourse of the station – which has spread to the roof. Crews are currently working to stop the fire from spreading, thank you for your patience whilst we work to keep everyone safe!"

Nottinghamshire Police have confirmed that "Station Street, Carrington Street and Queen’s Road have been closed", whilst British Transport Police resolve this issue.

External companies will be accepting certain East Midlands train tickets within reason, including: Virgin Trains, Virgin Trains East Coast, Cross Country, Transpennine Express, London Midland, Greater Anglia.

British Transport Police have also released a statement:

Indeera, a Zoology fresher who was getting a train into Notts today, told The Tab Nottingham that "they've got a bus service to drop people off", meaning her train from London St Pancras was terminated at East Midlands Parkway, and she had to get the bus for the remainder of the journey. She added that "the staff had no idea what was going on", and that it wasn't until "much later" that the staff were informed of the situation.