Nottingham nominated for ‘University of the Year’

Is this some kind of joke?

The THE Awards,  the equivalent of the Oscars for the higher education sector, has nominated The University of Nottingham for its top accolade:  ‘University of the Year’.

Each year The Times Higher Education Awards receives hundreds of entries that ‘exemplify the talent, dedication and innovation of individuals and teams across all aspects of university life’.

In the shortlist released today, Nottingham was in the final six for ‘University of the Year’ and ‘Excellence and Innovation in the Arts’.

The University will go up against Abertay University, City University, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, Loughborough University and University of Worcester for the highest award.

While Notts may feel quite smug until they realise neighbours Trent received more nominations across the categories.

Nottingham Trent University gained three nominations for ‘Outstanding Employer Engagement Initiative’, ‘Business School of the Year’ and ‘Outstanding Contribution to Innovation and Technology’.

The winners will be announced on Thursday 24 November 2016 at a ceremony at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London.