Hunt is on for Uni park bike thieves

Police release pics of two men suspected of nicking bikes from campus

Have you seen these men? Police are looking to speak to two men concerning bikes stolen in December.

CCTV photos of the suspects- courtesy of Nottingham Post

Reinforcing Notts’ stereotype as a city of crime, the incident occurred on Uni Park on 20th December,  and the police are on the hunt for the dastardly duo.

The men  are described as white and of medium build, with the first wearing a khaki jacket, dark blue jeans and a red scarf. His shoes were a distinctive green with bright yellow laces.

The second man was seen accessorizing with a distinctly chavvy silver drawstring bag. He was wearing a black and blue sports coat with white stripes, dark baseball cap and glasses.

The two push bikes were stolen from bike sheds on campus, two of over 3000 nicked annually from Nottinghamshire.

An initiative was launched by the force  in October to curb the number of thefts. The scheme uses hi tech ‘capture bikes’ which trick potential thieves into stealing them before revealing their location to coppers.

Police have rolled out the capture bike scheme city-wide

The bikes are placed in crime hotspots around the city, which presumably didn’t include the usually serene Uni Park.

Anyone with any information about the crime or who recognises the suspects is urged to contact authorities on the numbers below:

Notts Police: 101
Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111