Ten Things To Do This Week

It’s beginning to look a little bit like Christmas… the panto and the Christmas markets feature on this week’s 10 things

Pop Art to Britart: Modern Masters From the David Ross Collection @ Djanogly Art Gallery

Saturday 23 November – Sunday 09 February 11am – 5pm, free

The first public exhibition of one of the most important collections of 20th century art in private hands. David Ross is an old UoN BNOC best known for founding The Carphone Warehouse and his collection includes work by Damien Hirst, David Hockney and Marc Quinn.

Nottingham Winter Wonderland @ Old Market Square

Open daily from 11am until 10pm

This years Christmas market experience is complete with an outdoor ice rink. Student prices £6.50 for a 45 minute session, skate hire is free. Let’s see who’s Torvil and Dean or Bambi on ice!

It’s definitely time to get in the Christmas spirit

Viva Voce Autumn Concert @ Djangogly Recital Hall

Thursday, 7.30pm, £3 for students, tickets available on the door

The University’s Chamber Choir presents their autumn concert with their repertoire including Britten, Elgar and Finzi.

CLEAN @ New Theatre Studio

Monday and Tuesday, 7.30pm, tickets £3

An exploration of human waste and consumption. CLEAN is a synthesis of dance, monologue, poetry and rap exploring the lives of five young people obsessed with reputation.

The New Theatre Fringe Season continues…

Rebel Bingo @ Rock City

Tuesday, doors 8pm, £6 and £8 tickets available online

The Tab is intrigued as to what this night actually is, but we are guessing that this isn’t your average night down at Mecca with your Gran. It sells out all over the world so if you go let us know what this ‘live interactive game show is all about’.

Molly Sweeney @ New Theatre

Wednesday- Saturday, 7.30pm, tickets from £4

Molly Sweeney has been blind since she was 10 months old. Now at the age of 40 she has the chance to see again, however she finds herself a stranger in the sighted world and things begin to take a toll on her marriage.

This week’s New Theatre offering

Hudson Taylor @ Upstairs Bar in Bodega

Wednesday, doors 7pm, £8

Irish brothers Alfie and Harry fuse classic and contemporary influences to create raw, folk-infused melodic pop. If you like Ben Howard and Michael Kiwanuka then you’ll love this pair!

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qpnzEicVd2Y[/youtube]

Jack and the Beanstalk @ Nottingham Playhouse

Friday until 18th January 2014, times vary, tickets from £20

Panto arrives with a bang in Nottingham!  Kenneth Alan Taylor who has written and starred in the Playhouse Panto for the past 30 years takes to the stage for one last time. Not one to miss!

Kenneth Alan Taylor is a bit of a Nottingham legend

Dreamboats and Petticoats @ Theatre Royal

Monday- Saturday, times vary

Students can save £6 in the Stalls & £4 in the Upper Circle, available Monday to Friday 7.30pm & Saturday 2.30pm performances.

Featuring some of the best songs from the rock ‘n’ roll era, this West End favourite will have you boogying away in your seat.

Love and Rock ‘n’ Roll this week at Theatre Royal

The Regina Monologues @ The Lace Market Theatre

Tuesday- Saturday, 7.30pm, £8

Six 21st century wives discuss and berate the chain smoking ‘big man’ facing the same problems as their Tudor counterparts.