Ay Up Harry!

Prince Harry visits Notts, calls some people ‘Duck’ and everyone goes mental

Prince Harry pleased crowds all around Nottingham yesterday and even had a go at the city’s lingo.

The Prince was in town to open the new headquarters of the Headway charity, which helps people who’ve suffered head injuries.

Prince Harry formally opened Headway’s new HQ

Hundreds of children waited for him and he took his time speaking to many of them.

Prince Harry meets the children of Nottingham

Prince Harry then went on to Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies where more fun was had. Confetti offers training in music, television, radio and film.

Prince Harry did a spot of TV presenting

Harry tried out more than just his local accent here. The Institute is involved in Notts TV – a project Prince Harry launched as part of his visit, ahead of the channel’s broadcast next year.

As Harry flipped the switch to launch the Institute, he cheekily said: “Ay up, me duck.” Those four short words were enough to send the crowd into fits of laughter and whooping.

And also tried his hand at DJ-ing

One spectator who met Harry said it made yesterday ‘the best day of 2013 so far’. All those who met the Prince seem to agree and Nottingham looks forward to future royal visits as there are plans for him to work closely with the city.