Image may contain: Head, Person, Face, Human

CBBC Legend Jake Humphrey announces UEA scholarship for disadvantaged students

You’ll land a job at his film production company at the end of it!

TV Presenter Jake Humphrey, (who you may remember from your fave CBBC shows) has today announced in The Times that he will be running a scholarship to help students from low-income backgrounds, who want to make waves in the media industry.

The scholarship, which has been named, rather aptly: 'The Jake Humphrey Scholarship’ in Film, Television and Media Studies, will go to one student a year from a low-income background, helping fund their tuition and living costs, as well as a job at his own production company, Whisper Films, after the completion of their degree.

According to UEA: "Jake is giving two further opportunities to students at UEA.

"As part of the course, each student will get the opportunity attend a work placement. Whisper Films, will be the home of one work placement, where students will get the chance to work alongside Jake and the team including Sunil Patel and David Coulthard, on award winning international programmes."

After failing his A Levels and being fired from a job in McDonalds due to "a lack of communication skills" Jake now wants to give back the help he received in the early days of career – woo!

The BT Sport presenter today tweeted: "As announced in @thetimes today, I have set up a scholarship with the @uniofeastanglia. If you want to study TV or media, but money is preventing you, LET ME HELP!!

"I’ve been given amazing support in my career, now I want to offer some…

"I will help fund a new student every year, throughout their entire 3-year degree. I’ll also mentor them, organise work experience placements, AND at the end of it, a job with my production company @WhisperFilmsUK.

"It’s a unique opportunity with the @uniofeastanglia so GRAB IT!"

David Ellis, Director of Development at UEA, said in a statement: “We would like to thank Jake and his wife, Harriet, very much for their generosity and we’re delighted to partner with such a popular individual who grew up locally and has shown a lot of support for good causes in Norwich and Norfolk.

“At UEA we are heavily invested in making university attainable for the brightest minds, no matter the background, and Jake’s scholarship support and the Whisper Films work placements are a fantastic opportunity for a handful of young people to learn a craft, embrace the university experience and get the rare chance to work with prominent individuals in the media that they wouldn’t otherwise have had.

“That’s really exciting for us, will be a game changer for the lucky students’ career prospects, and we would urge anyone who might be interested to contact [email protected].”