Image may contain: Police Car, Car, Automobile, Transportation, Vehicle

Norwich shopping centre cordoned off to hunt for potentially armed assault suspect

Two men were assaulted with an air weapon

Police have cordoned off Anglia Square after two men were assaulted with an air weapon at 4:30am.

Armed police were sent to the scene as police try to establish the events and catch the suspect of the assault .

It is reported that in the early hours of Saturday morning, a group of people in their 20s were confronted by a man as they walked down Magdalen Street.

Two members of the group were assaulted with what is suspected to be an air weapon but investigations are still ongoing in regards to what the weapon was. The two victims received cuts and bruises to their head as a result of the attack.

Image may contain: Pavement, Sidewalk, Pedestrian, Intersection, Traffic Light, Light, Urban, Building, City, Street, Town, Path, Tarmac, Asphalt, Road, Person, Human

Magdalen Street

The police have sent armed officers to the scene to locate the suspect but currently the suspect is unidentified and is still at large.

Detective Inspector David Taylor, Norwich CID, said: "We are carrying out a number of enquiries to identify the offender and we would appeal to anyone with information regarding the incident or the person involved to contact Norwich CID immediately.”

Anyone who witnessed the incident or has further details is asked to contact Norwich CID on 101 or alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Updates to follow

Featured image: CC0 public domain