Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Universe, Space, Outer Space, Astronomy

Cabana Club is coming to the LCR

Just in case you hadn’t heard yet…

For one night only, Cabana Club of Mercy fame will be taking over the LCR for this semesters End of Term Party. It promises to be a massive night with their resident DJ Tim Zee taking the main LCR room whilst UEA's very own Electronic Music Society (EMS) play the Blue Bar.

According to the Facebook page for the event students can expect CO2 Cannons, special effects, giveaways with more to be included. Speaking to the Tab Norwich, a spokesperson for Cabana Club said:

“With Mercy’s temporary closure we’ve chosen to do a one off event for end of term at The LCR. The response has been amazing as the LCR is super popular with the students. We are really looking forward to bringing a lot of the production that goes into Cabana at Mercy Nightclub to The LCR for one night.

Image may contain: Person, Human, Crowd

Our Radio 1xtra resident DJ Tim Zee will be hosting the main room and UEA EMSoc will be bringing the underground vibes downstairs in the Blue Bar. We usually do upwards of 1000 people at Mercy so with it being end of term and at The LCR we think it’s going to be really popular.”

If your a society looking to host a social for the night or maybe a birthday group message @cabanaclubnorwich on Facebook for their best deals.

The Tab Norwich also reached out to EMS, finding out what they have planned for their big set in the Blue Bar and whether this will become a more regular thing for EMS DJs:

"So it'll be a selection of some of our resident society DJ's including myself, DJ Sterling, Jheetabix, MC Layor and more. We'll be playing a variety of dance music genre's like House, techno and drum & bass. It'll be a seriously hard hitting collection of sets, I know our DJ's will tear the place up.

You can keep up to date with EMS by liking them on Facebook.

In regards whether it will be a more regular thing for EMS to play. I think that is purely down to Cabana Club and their plans for the future now that Mercy has sadly closed. We would love to work with them some more in the future and we definitely have a good relationship with them from working with them in the past. However I can't really say what will happen, fingers crossed though! I know it's going to be a great night for both parties involved.

If you're looking for tickets, click here or if you want to keep updated about the event click here.