Image may contain: Entertainment Center, Theater, Cinema, Pub, Bar Counter

Norwich Christmas Lights are being turned on this Thursday

Add a little light to your Christmas

It’s that time of year again, to stumble out of the dark and into the festive season with the Norwich's annual Christmas lights switch on this Thursday

The festivities will start at 6pm on Thursday the 16th of November with Santa’s parade from Norwich Cathedral to Gentleman’s walk (Lloyds Bank) arriving at 6:30pm. From 6-8pm there will be the Sprowston Brass Band, Reindeers on Stilts, fireworks and more festive entertainment outside of City Hall.

Is November too early?

Turning of the lights is Helen McDermott, a former British Radio and Anglian TV presenter. She will be following in the footsteps of Tanya Burr, Jim Chapman, and Ed Balls.

Image may contain: Coat, Person, People, Human

The woman of the hour herself

After the lights are switched on a 7pm the fireworks display will follow from the City hall’s balcony and the rooftop of Jarrolds, along with a giant projection on the City Hall itself and on Norwich Castle.

Image may contain: Kiss, Hug, Paper, Confetti, Human, Person, People

The 45-meters long, 4 meters high and 6 meters wide tunnel made from 50,000 pulsating LEDs.

You especially wouldn’t want to miss the famous tunnel of lights, the perfect place for a nice Instagram pic…see you there.