Greg James tweets support for Taylor Swift LCR appearance

He’s feeling 22

Greg James has backed a petition asking Taylor Swift to appear at the LCR following her performance at Radio 1’s Big Weekend.

The petition – started by third year Livewire host Daniel Allen – invites Taylor to “come party” with UEA students at the LCR.

It has already received over 160 signatures since being started earlier this afternoon.

Daniel said: “Me and my Livewire co-host Holly joked about getting Taylor to the LCR last semester but when we heard about her performing at Radio 1’s Big Weekend, it was like planets had aligned and we seized the opportunity.

“She could definitely press play on one of her own songs at the LCR. Maybe even co-DJ with Greg James. I can’t see why that can’t happen.

“I think with Greg’s support it’s a lot more feasible and more likely to happen. The best thing is lots of people want it to happen so whilst I’m trying to share the campaign I think us students will unite and support the campaign together.

“I think the endless fun and joy (and sticky floors) of the LCR will be enough to draw her in. She’s got lots of fans here too who’d be psyched to see her!”

We’re keeping our fingers crossed. How could she resist those sticky floors…