The Terraces are the best halls on campus

Why do you need ensuite when you can piss in your sink

You are welcomed to university. You move into a flat with 14 strangers- one of whom shares a room with you. There are only two showers and the temperature is tropical.

The radiators periodically explode and flood rooms. When it rains outside it rains again, in your kitchen, 24 hours later. There has been a puddle on the carpet in the hall for so long that you have named it.

Congratulations. You have pictured Norfolk Terrace, Block A, Flat 02, 2011.

Despite all of this, residents of “The terraces”, including myself, know that we live in the best accommodation on campus.

14 strangers and 2 showers? You’re bound to become best friends

Henry Moggridge, second year Economics and International Development student said: “Norfolk terrace is the best halls on campus.

“All the other halls are for poncy people who complain about concrete and a lack of en-suite toilets. Concrete looks totally badass, is warm and lasts forever.

“The Roman empire was built out of concrete. Why do you need ensuite when you can piss in your sink?”

Chris Brough, second year Environmental sciences student said: “I lived in Norfolk Terrace and absolutely loved it.

“I found the people were friendlier and more down to Earth in the terraces rather than the en suite ‘better’ accommodation.”

Because, believe it or not, it could be worse:

Matt Boulton, current resident of the UEA Village said “The UEA Village is a cross between a freshman ghetto and a tuberculosis ward, where one can hear between the paper thin walls the sickening sound of fun slowly dying…all a half mile from the center of campus.”

No one can question the Terrace’s commitment to fancy dress

Billy Lawrance-Thorne, resident of Constable Terrace said: “Constable the expensive way to have people look into your prison like kitchen whilst simultaneously being hated by those without en suite bathrooms. It’s miles from everything and everyone who lies there hates fun”

Living in the terraces means you live at the heart of campus. The parties are legendary- even if this means the floors are stickier than those in the LCR (and that’s saying something).

You have an incredible view of the lake which you can enjoy while wearing the shorts and T-shirt that are mandatory Terrace attire, even in winter.

Who wouldn’t love that view?

You have to spend the least on accommodation and you come out with the strongest immune systems on campus.

Those that survive a year there are bonded for life because, when there is that much wrong with your accommodation, you have to find something right with those you share it with.