Things you’ll miss about Norwich when you graduate

With the end of university getting closer, we look at some of the things you’ll miss after you leave UEA behind you.

The pretty surroundings

There’s no denying it – UEA’s campus is beautiful, especially in summer when it becomes the perfect place to chill, revise and have BBQs. The lake itself and the greenery surrounding it is stunning and you’ll miss its serenity.

Beautiful on a sunny day, muddy on a wet one

The quirky bars and shops

Looking past the Prince of Wales on a Saturday night, Norwich is actually pretty cultured, with lots of quirky places to visit.

From The Birdcage to Olives and The Bicycle Shop, there are so many hidden gems with live music and readings put on regularly, often by UEA students!

You’ll miss this side of Norwich when you’re overcome by the commitment of a REAL job.

BAM BAM in Tombland is one of Norwich’s more quirky bars

The concrete

Despite UEA being surrounded by greenery, there’s no escaping the concrete. Deemed ugly by outsiders, it’s something you’ve become used to and its odd charm has grown on you.

Plus, there’s nothing better that chilling in the Square on a sunny day!

You won’t find this depressing shade of grey anywhere else

The cheap LCR drinks

There’s no place like the LCR, and let’s face it – it’s the cheap drinks that make it. With those £1.50 Jagerbombs you’re guaranteed a fun night and you won’t find drinks this cheap anywhere else!

Why pick just one drink when they’re so cheap you can have them all!

Norwich’s… “uniqueness”

Nowhere else will you find a singing puppet man and three Poundlands all right next to each other… amazing.

One of a kind…our hero!