New Shop On The Block!

And guess what yummy hot snacks it will be serving…

shopping student uea uea union uueas

The new union shop opened on campus this week, and from what we can gather, it’s far more spacious than our beloved predecessor, the UFO; making those trips down the aisles whilst cradling a tonne of unnecessary treats that much easier, and far less awkward when the shelves you happen to be juggling are in need of re-stocking.

Look at these snazzy new tills! (Photo: Joe Levell)

Along with the new glorious space, the new shop also boasts a ‘hot food to go’ area- a greatly anticipated addition that is sure to rival the beloved wedges that we all embrace so dearly. Now we can eat and shop in one- perfect. We even have confirmation that not only will wedges be on the menu, but CURLY FRIES, TOO.

It’s empty because The Tab have already eaten all the wedges. (Photo: Joe Levell)

This new transformation is set to ease the shopping of the UEA street, as the new shop now sells newspapers, magazines, UEA merchandise and has a post office- everything you need in one handy outlet. We’re sold. This shop has it all, and as all students begin to return to campus within the next week, we want to know what you think of it. Reaction so far has been pretty mixed. Ben Kinsella tweeted ‘Well the #UEA shop is a little bit fancier isn’t it. It’s huuuuuge!’ whilst Rebecca McManus took a philosophical approach on the matter, ‘The Shop is like being in the ufo in a dream….exactly the same but completely different #toospacious #uea‘. Quite.

What are your thoughts? Tweet your views and photos to @TheTabNorwich and we’ll stick up the best ones, between persuading the bakery staff to give us free garlic mayo with our wedges.