Fit But You Know It

Some of the fittest students in the UK? Yeah we’ll take that …

cosmpolitan fit students uea uea news

You’ve heard of Russell Group, you might even have heard of the 1994 group (of which UEA is proudly a member), you’ve thought about the distance from home, the accommodation ratings, maybe even about the city’s nightlife, but have you been introduced to the new way to narrow down your uni choices to those troublesome five on the dreaded UCAS form?

The Tab warns you, it’s not a method that your mum is likely to suggest, but perhaps your friends will agree…CHOOSE THE ONE WITH THE MOST TALENT.

Avid Cosmo readers may have spotted the concrete-clad campus of UEA making an appearance on their university rankings.

While many would assume that universities should be judged on academic success or a good relationship between staff and students, Cosmo have gone for a slightly more light-hearted angle.

Yes, you read it correctly – UEA have been awarded a respectable second place on the magazine’s ‘TOP TEN FOR TOTTY’ list, lagging behind a rather smug Leeds University.

The Tab imagines the method of data collection and reliability of this chart is most likely comparable to popular cat food brand Whiskas’ claim that eight out of ten felines prefer their product. Do they speak fluent ‘cat’?

All that aside, it’s time to hop off the moral high horse and point out that meeting people we’re attracted to is probably high up the list of priorities when selecting a uni. If we were trailing in tenth place like Leeds Met, we’d be feeling a little more ugly student angst towards that table.

However, in true hypocritical fashion, seeing as we came in at a sturdy second place, it’s probably best to just take the compliment and pretend it’s a widely researched fact.