UEA Cruise into Last 16

Lynn North End 1-4 UEA: UEA advance into the last 16 of the Norfolk Junior Cup with a hard fought victory over unbeaten Lynn North End.

UEA travelled 45 miles in awful conditions to face a side that had not been beaten all season. It was always going to be tough, especially with Harle, Rerizani, Scott and Dingli all unavailable.

The game kicked off with Lynn in the ascendancy and they had some joy sending the ball into the UEA box from distance. UEA were not shaken though, sacrificing their usual silky passing game UEA displayed their versatility producing a tough, battling performance.

UEA went one up as a dangerous Luke Blackwell cross was expertly converted by  Lynn shirt into his own net giving the away side a fortuitous lead.

From then on in however, UEA really stepped up and took the game to Lynn.

Shortly before half time Calvo cut inside and fired into the far corner from 20 yards to put UEA two up at the break.

The first half saw a few feisty incidents, in particular centre back Seymour appearing to be stamped on by a North End player who had already been booked for his fiery temper.

The second half continued in the same vein with UEA dangerous on the break and Lynn occasionally dangerous through their combative style.

The Lynn player who had already been booked was eventually shown a straight red card, a series of scuffles with various UEA players warranted his marching orders.

UEA kicked on making their man advantage count with Calvo adding a third after the Lynn keeper made a smart save from Stefanos Pachnis.

Skidmore eventually got his reward for lots of hard working display as he expertly headed home a Beeson cross-shot.

There was still time for that elusive clean sheet to escape UEA yet again as a Lynn player grabbed consolation with a diving header.

A fantastic team performance all in all today, at times it was not pretty but UEA showed great character and determination to come through adverse conditions.

The yellows travel to Hoveton on Saturday who have been going strong in the league, UEA are looking to get back to winning ways after the draw to Cromer.