A Sneaky Peek into the Relaunch of MERCY Nightclub

Mercy is coming back and we’ve got the gossip.

| UPDATED mercy nightclub norwich nightlife

Mercy is set to return as Norwich’s biggest nightclub on the 28th June, well in time for Grad week and the upcoming academic year.

After years of “roaring success” the Prince of Wales venue closed its doors 13 months ago to give it a makeover, and now it’s on the cusp of launching again.

We decided to get in touch and, whilst many of the plans about the refurbished club remain a mystery, we managed to uncover a few facts.

Lucy Arnold, Operations Manager, told the Drop: “We scrapped the plans to split the club into four, and it means there’s going to be cool entertainment effects that only Mercy could provide due to the sheer size of the club.

“I don’t want to give too much away but there are going to be new areas and new features that just simply aren’t anywhere else.

When asked about any potential plans for their launch weekend (28th-30th June), Lucy Arnold said: “It is such a phenomenal looking venue that it’s almost an event in itself.

“But there will be sporadic entertainment on the periphery with a lazer light show, dance flash mobs and all sorts. It’s very exciting!”

It has also been revealed that there shall be three “clearly defined nights to look forward to.” (Although whether that’ll include the old student favourite, Flange Thursdays, or not is still unknown).

And we now know that, despite the original plans to slice the club into four have been binned, Uber will remain as as a “pre-bar” that shall offer free entry to the main club for those who get there before 10pm.

Since Project closed in March, Norwich has lacked a big nightclub and so Mercy’s comeback shall be welcome news to thousands – including plenty of students who remember it so fondly from before it shut down.

IF YOU APPRECIATED THIS ARTICLE THEN PLEASE HELP US PROMOTE IT BY FACEBOOK LIKING IT (the option is underneath the title).

THANK YOU.