Come and have a Proper-Ganda!

Resident club reviewer BOBBY FOSTER gives his verdict on Fridays at Project

indie norwich project propaganda

A trip down to Riverside is always easy on the eyes and Project nightclub does nothing to ruin the ambience. Home to perhaps my personal favorite of Norwich’s clubbing scene, Propaganda on a Friday. This nationwide event is one of the biggest indie nights the country has to offer and if you fancy getting back into those skinny jeans, that one too many pints have made fit all the tighter, then this is the place to be.

Project itself is large in scale and it’s no surprise that it’s a member of the Oceana and Liquid family but with perhaps a longer skirt and a pair of converse. The main room is the clubs focus with all the Indie/Rock and roll finding its voice here, complete with a stage at the top for those who can’t resist pretending their headlining Glastonbury (guilty). The room is lined with two bars either side which get choca as the night progresses so arriving a little shy of half 11 has its advantages. In terms of drinks it’s extremely reasonable for a Friday with Beer and Jagerbombs usually around £2 but the deal of the evening has to be Vodka Redbull, which usually creates something resembling a crater in your wallet but on Fridays at Project its one to look out for.

For those who don’t want dirty knees power sliding to ‘Guns ‘N’ Roses’ or limp wrists air guitaring to the solo in ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ there is the option of Room 2. Room 2 (with resident DJ Will Hewlett Case) is everything from chart toppers to dub-step and drum and bass and is much more of your usual club room vibe; usually a good place to start the night I find, or a good place to visit as the evening goes on. Not only that but if you feel you’re a rising star in the making then the Karaoke room will oblige you to make as big a tit of yourself as possible. Or feel free to indulge in the sport known as ‘tit-watching’.

Propaganda really covers its bases in offering its customers a plethora of music for all tastes and it’s a very reasonable place to be at the beginning of the weekend. And yes perhaps the £5 is a little pricey but reps around campus will do them for £4 and something going on your card never feels like your losing money anyway. So as the perfect answer to let off steam at the end of a week spent watching Countdown ‘Propaganda’ is the place to be.