manchester tier 3

Manchester is officially back in Tier 3: Here’s how this affects students

Pubs are still closed

Manchester will be going into the new and toughest Tier 3 category for coronavirus restrictions.

This will be enforced on the 3rd of December, after the national lockdown ends. The government announced the news today.

This ‘very high’ category means that pubs and restaurants will continue to remain closed for the foreseeable future. Delivery and takeaway will continue to be available.

Household mixing is banned. The rule of six applies for meeting with people outside of your household, but this must be outdoors and socially distanced. Indoor entertainment venues will stay closed.

manchester tier 3

Gyms will be open in all tiers and the same goes for close-contact beauty services.

The government plan to regularly review the tier system. The first review is scheduled for the 16th December, meaning some areas tier level may change before Christmas.

Around 21 local authority areas will also be in Tier 3 with Manchester, the highest level of restrictions. This includes Birmingham, Leeds, and Sheffield and Leicester.

Areas in Tier 2 are able to open pubs and restaurants with restrictions. London and Liverpool have avoided Tier 3 and been placed in this category, along with the majority of the rest of England.

Only three areas will be going into Tier 1: The Isle of Wight, Cornwall, and the Isles of Scilly and will be able to mix indoors with other households.